In Association with Amazon.com

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Click Here For Should moralism be our highest goal?

WorldNetDaily: Should moralism be our highest goal?: "In the beginning of mankind, God gives this amazing cultural command to us to multiply, fill the earth and subdue it. With the grace given to us from Christ, what's this look like? I think it means we should love God and love others, encouraging each other to do the same, and teaching our children this command. And I may be wrong, but I think that's what Jesus had in mind, that a family of God would emerge that isn't so much as characterized by moralism, but by a passion to love God and others, with joy and peace, boldly proclaiming the Gospel not only with their words, but with their lives.
I keep thinking about what Christ would do if he appeared in humanity today. I don't think he'd start a political action committee and try to take over the world, and I don't think he would start organizations critiquing everything that's wrong with society. My immediate reaction to this thought is, well, even if he wouldn't do it, someone has to. But I've begun to wonder if that's the case. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home