In Association with Amazon.com

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Click Here For Ward Churchill's Cheap Shot for Attention

Ward Churchill's Cheap Shot for Attention: "Ward Churchill did nothing resembling any of the above. Professor Churchill cheap-shot his way into prominence. Saying something outrageous to get attention is the exact intellectual equivalent of a girl stripping for the same reason. Shedding clothes may be attention-getting, to be sure, but there's not a lot of originality or merit surrounding the act no matter how much time and energy she puts into it.

Getting yourself on every talk show in the English language by calling the 9/11 victims 'little Eichmanns' is nothing but a deliberate wardrobe malfunction of the mind. Why, then, does Ward Churchill now get to add this full-length column of mine to his scrapbook?
Not for his wretched contribution to thought and dialogue, I assure you, but rather because of some of the preposterous responses his yawn-worthy notions have provoked.

How can I call the notion that 9/11 was a fate fit for the victims 'yawn-worthy'?

Because I've been around a while. I've seen the shapely ones strip and I've heard the likes of Professor Churchill say outrageous things long enough to have earned the right to yawn. If you haven't yet, don't scold me. Try to catch up with me. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home