In Association with Amazon.com

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Click Here For Kevin McCullough: Same-sex marriage hot potato heats up

Kevin McCullough: Same-sex marriage hot potato heats up: "In seeming record numbers in recent days, on my talk show in New York City, African Americans are bemoaning the illegitimate comparisons of privileged and elite homosexuals to the African American experience in the march towards civil rights. Callers who were mere weeks ago arguing with me about the economy or the War on Terror -- and choosing to agreeably disagree -- are now calling and saying very different things.

A caller last week said little else when she got on the show other than to say, 'I'm an African American woman, and I'm talking to everyone in my church and community about the issue of marriage and, as far as I'm concerned, President Bush has three votes in my house.' Hundreds of other callers have told my producers: 'I have been a Democrat all my life, but on this issue I will become a vote for President Bush.'

The outrage expressed by average African Americans is worth considering. Using economic comparisons, the average two-income homosexual household dwarfs the average houshold of the two-worker African American married couple -- earning nearly four times more per year on average. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home