In Association with Amazon.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Click Here For Crimes of political expediency

WorldNetDaily: Crimes of political expediency: "My son now votes by absentee ballot, but from his birth, I took him with me to vote. He remembers my explaining why we vote, why I was voting for a particular candidate and what the issues were. I received no small amount of pleasure having him experience the entire process. I took pride in knowing one day he would be able to participate by casting his own vote. Yet he sometimes still calls me with a question. Who will these people call? Who has prepared them to confidently participate?

A professional colleague keeps his voter registration in his wallet. It gives his name, address and where he is to vote. He goes to the polls and expects to show registration and/or a photo ID, or a utility bill to authenticate who he is so there is no question of his being a legitimate voter. Of course, he is white ... liberals expect him to be responsible (sarcasm intended).

Yet it will be incidents born from precisely such lack of preparation and understanding on any level that will unleash legions with cries of disenfranchisement. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home